When you’re remodeling your kitchen, one of the most common remodeling jobs involves choosing a new countertop. Popular materials for kitchen countertops include stone, concrete, recycled glass, solid surface, and more. Many homeowners tend to gravitate to granite or quartz kitchen countertops.
Both quartz and granite come with their own set of pros and cons. Here are a few benefits of both granite and quartz kitchen countertops to help you decide between the two:
- Granite is one of the most natural countertop materials out there.
- You can achieve a unique look in your kitchen, thanks to the stone’s versatile appearance.
- Placing a hot pan on the counter isn’t a problem — granite is heat-resistant.
- If you accidentally cut on the counter, it’s okay! Granite is also scratch-resistant.
- Granite is low-maintenance, so you don’t have to worry about damaging your counter.
- When it comes to environmentally friendly countertop materials, quartz is a great option. Quartz can be created from recycled materials.
- Quartz is very durable, as it doesn’t need to be resealed and the material isn’t porous.
- Want to give your countertops a unique look? Quartz can mimic the look of a wide variety of stones.
- If you need to fix your quartz kitchen countertops, don’t worry! Repairs are often easy to handle.
Quartz and granite are great options for kitchen countertops. If you’re looking to have your countertops redone, give us a call here at Complete Kitchen & Bath today for more information!