It is normal to feel a bit overwhelmed with all the decisions you’ll need to make with a kitchen renovation, but it will go smoothly if you take the time during the planning stage to learn about your options and the advantages and potential drawbacks of the various materials. One of the things you may be considering is whether granite kitchen countertops are right for you. Here are some tips that can help you decide.
- Granite kitchen countertops are made using a natural product with timeless and unique beauty.
- There are many different shades of granite to select from.
- Granite is very hard, won’t scratch easily, and holds up well to hot pans.
- When they are properly sealed, you won’t have to worry about stains on your granite kitchen countertops.
- If they aren’t sealed correctly or the seal wears off without being resealed, you could experience staining and bacteria; the good news is that sealing lasts quite a while and you can tell when it isn’t performing as it should.
- Granite is costlier than some countertop materials, but more affordable than others, so it often fits well in a renovation budget.
- While you could cut on the surface without harming it, you won’t want to, as it will dull your knife’s blade.
If you would like to know more about granite kitchen countertops, give us a call at Complete Kitchen & Bath. We fabricate and install our own granite countertops, and you will be able to select the actual granite slab that will be used for your project. This is a better approach than going by samples as you can see the different features rather than get a surprise at the end. We can also help you if you decide to go with another material.