It is impossible to know where misinformation gets its start, but it often travels far and wide, leaving you to wonder if what you’ve heard and read has any basis in fact. The reality is there are a lot of misconceptions about granite kitchen countertops. Read on to learn the truth so you can make an informed decision as to whether they are a good option for your renovation or new construction project.
- Myth #1 – Dark colors are stronger: Granite is a very strong material, which makes it a great choice for countertops. You don’t need to compromise on the color you want, as all colors are equally strong.
- Myth #2 – Granite kitchen countertops quickly lose their shine: A properly sealed granite countertop will not decrease in its shine with regular use. In addition, you can apply a polish to restore the shine when needed.
- Myth #3 – Granite kitchen countertops never get damaged: There is nothing that is 100 percent indestructible, but as long as you take a few precautions, there is no reason your countertops won’t look great for years to come.
- Myth #4 – Granite kitchen countertops are not food safe: Actually, granite is every bit as safe as other countertop materials, so you can put this myth right out of your mind.
- Myth #5 – Granite emits an unsafe level of radon: False. The EPA has not found any evidence to support this rumor.
- Myth #6 – Granite kitchen countertops are expensive: The cost for granite has actually come down in recent years, so it is even more affordable than some other materials. In addition, the added value to your home offsets the investment.
These are just a few of the misconceptions about granite kitchen countertops. You only need to consider how popular they are to realize that any misgivings about them are unfounded. With proper care, you can enjoy decades of their beautiful appearance and other benefits. Reach out to us at Complete Kitchen & Bath to learn more so you can make an informed decision about what countertop material is best for your Lakeland, Florida home.